DAY TWO: On The Road Again


In the morning, we woke up and headed to Café du Monde for some beignets and coffee.

It was a perfect way to start the morning. Before getting back on the road and heading to Florida, we decided to go for a walk around the French quarter. We walked passed a lady with dreadlocks, sitting at a small table with tarot cards. Makenna and I decided to sit down and see what she had to say.

Neither of us had done this before, and weren’t really sure what to expect. We didn’t tell her anything about us, just picked the cards and listened to what she had to say.

Makenna went first.

The lady talked a lot about her health. She said it was a time for change, and a time for healing. I couldn’t agree more.

Next, it was my turn. Before she even finished laying out all of my cards, she smiled. Out of the 78 cards, we had picked the same one. She looked at Makenna and I and told us that this card meant we have a lot of history together. She explained what all of my cards meant, and laughed because not only did I have two love cards, but I actually had the card of love in the love spot.

(Just FYI, she told me to keep my eye open for Gemini’s… So, if you’re out there, let me know).

After talking about me for a bit, she went back to talking about Makenna and I again. A lot of the things she said caught me off guard because of their accuracy, but there was one thing that literally gave me goose bumps.

She said that I was an essential role in Makenna’s healing process.

She didn’t know that Makenna had cancer. She didn’t know that I’d literally do anything to help her heal. She didn’t know that the exact reason we were in New Orleans was to start her healing process.

We left New Orleans and headed back on the road to Tallahassee, Florida – where we were originally planning on spending the night. After a few stops at waffle house to get out of the pouring rain, we got there around 9pm.

Don’t worry, we tried to keep the snacks inside the car pretty healthy.

We stopped for dinner and decided that we weren’t quite ready to call it a night…We got some coffee and a couple of energy drinks and headed back on the road.

We made it to the ferry at 3:30am. The only problem was, the ferry didn’t run until 6:30am. We tried sleeping in the car for a little bit, but it was hot and the mesquites were terrible… So, like anybody in their right mind, we headed to Dennys!

We got some pancakes and watched the clock tick. Eventually, we made it across to the island and crawled into bed without waking up my parents.

Day two and journey to the Palm… I’d say was a success.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s